Thursday, October 30, 2014

OK Twitter, you win.

I finally joined Twitter. Everyone at the Tech Forum is on it. At a round table discussion when we had to introduce ourselves, I was the only one who didn't have a twitter name. I didn't see how it was necessary to have yet another social media outlet to describe what my dinner looks like. What I learned is that people are using it in a purely professional manner, and that's something I could use, since my Facebook page proves what a cheesehead I can be sometimes.

I was advised to start slowly, I don't need to post very often. I should follow people that are in my field and having the big discussions. It's hard to discern who and what to follow though. There is so much to look at, the flow of information is like a firehose. But, from what I've been told by a few people, yes it's a firehose, just take in as much as you're comfortable and then step away from the computer.

So I'm on twitter now, my handle is eileen_lennon. You can follow me and I'll follow you back. If I figure out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment